Once again those kind folks at WordPress have sent me an e-mail telling me how I’m doing blogging wise, and once again I’m using it as an excuse to poke fun. A cold-hearted bastard am I, but it’s the holiday season. It always did bring the best out of me.
As I said last year, I appreciate the e-mail. Really. It beats spam and frankly spam is what I usually get
In any case, here is what they’re telling me. My comments, as almost always, are in green.
The concert hall at the Syndey Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 19,000 times in 2011. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 7 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
In 2011, there were 86 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 1,424 posts. There were 92 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 10mb. That’s about 2 pictures per week.
The busiest day of the year was September 12th with 163 views. The most popular post that day was The Hell… ?! (XXIII) – Mary Worth and 9/11.
Nah. Nah. They must have counted wrong. My most popular post of last year can’t be Mary Worth. It can’t be.
How did they find you?
The top referring sites in 2011 were:
Some visitors came searching, mostly for power girl, powergirl, baby mario, best ghost novels, and avengers 11.
I really feel sorry for those people who came here for baby mario. Cause there ain’t a lot of him handy round these parts.
That Power Girl pops up twice doesn’t surprise me. At all.
Where did they come from?
Most visitors came from The United States. The United Kingdom & Canada were not far behind.
Well I suspected I was famous outside the States, but to have confirmation…
Next comes a listing of who commented, which I won’t reprint out of respect of their privacy. Brother Eric, for the curious, was #1.
Which marks a first for him. Ha. Ha. Ha.
Attractions in 2011
These are the posts that got the most views in 2011. You can see all of the year’s most-viewed posts in your Site Stats.
- 1 The Hell… ?! (XXIII) – Mary Worth and 9/11 2 comments September 2011
- 2 Who Knew Talking About Power Girl’s Boobs Was Obligatory! 20 comments May 2007
- 3 Oh Power Girl! 5 comments September 2005
- 4 Cullen’s First Power Girl Stories (I): Showcase Presents #97 – 99 2 comments July 2008
- 5 Billie Joe MacAllister Jumped Off the Tallahatchie Bridge 20 comments August 2007
Some of your most popular posts were written before 2011. Your writing has staying power! Consider writing about those topics again.
I AM NOT POSTING MORE ABOUT MARY WORTH GOD DAMN IT!
We’ll see about more Power Girl. Maybe more of her. If you’re lucky.
I also got one of these for Welltun Cares Reviews. I’m not going to go through all of it here, but I will repost the top five posts of the year according to WordPress.
- 1 Slasher Movies (II): More Knives in the Darkness 0 comments August 2010
- 2 Il gatto nero/The Black Cat (1989) 0 comments July 2011
- 3 Daikaijû Gamera/Giant Monster Gamera (1965) 0 comments September 2009
- 4 The Nightmare Never Ends (1980) 4 comments July 2009
- 5 The Prowler (1981) 0 comments April 2010
And that’s a wrap. Happy New Year, y’all, and, with any luck, we’ll do this again next year. Thanks again to WordPress for the email.
- Thoughts on Power Girl? At Welltun Cares Presents? UNTHINKABLE! (welltuncares.wordpress.com)
- All the Welltun Cares Reviews News You Can Use (welltuncares.wordpress.com)
- Spam Has Finally Broken My Fragile Little Mind. It’s the Only Explanation That Fits. (welltuncares.wordpress.com)
- How About a Nice Spam Sandwich, Onknee Spambot? (welltuncares.wordpress.com)